An Honor to Be Proud Of
You can be assured of the high quality of care in a hospital that meets the gold standard in nursing: The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. The ANCC Magnet® Recognition Program is awarded for superior quality in nursing care. Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies has joined the ranks of fewer than 400 out of a potential 6,000 U.S. healthcare organizations to be recognized with this honor.
ANCC conducts thorough evaluations of hospitals in key areas — each of which is considered a global touchpoint in nursing and healthcare:
- Visionary leadership transforming the organization to meet changing needs
- Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
- Competent, dedicated and skilled nurses
- Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice and systemic improvements
- Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
To achieve Magnet recognition, organizations must pass a rigorous and lengthy process that demands widespread participation from leadership and staff. Following an extensive on-site review process, the Commission on Magnet votes to determine whether Magnet recognition will be granted.
Learn more about nursing at Orlando Health.
What Superior Nursing Means to You
Our dedication to providing you and your family with the highest-quality care is confirmed by this prestigious honor. In addition, hospitals with Magnet recognition often experience improved outcomes such as:
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help and receipt of discharge information
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality and lower “failure to rescue” rates
- Lower rates of falls