Quick Scheduling for Pediatric Palliative Care
Enjoy comprehensive service and award-winning healthcare. Submit an appointment request today, and our staff will follow up with you to confirm a time that works for you and your family.
Providing Peace and Comfort through Pediatric Palliative Care
Palliative care is comprehensive, holistic supportive care for a chronic or complex life threatening illness. Palliative care alleviates suffering for children and families throughout a patient’s journey. Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children offers Central Florida’s only pediatric palliative care program to attend to every aspect of a child’s well-being.
- Advanced care planning
- Advanced pain and symptom management
- Care coordination and family support
- Decision-making resources
- Perinatal care for women with complex prenatal clinical issues
Led by Dr. Blaine Pitts, a board-certified and fellowship-trained palliative care physician, our multidisciplinary team includes two physicians, a nurse practitioner, licensed patient and family counselors, chaplains, pediatric music therapists and Child Life specialists. With our team’s knowledgeable and compassionate care, you’ll be able to navigate a path through your child’s chronic or terminal illness.
Palliative care helps to support decision making for families to align goals for children. Our team works to optimize the quality of life for our patients so every child can experience the best days possible. Experts help to advise families through the difficult decisions of when and how care should be provided to optimize their child’s quality of life. Our services include:
- 24/7 availability of a pediatric palliative care physician for patients and families
- Care for patients of all ages ranging from prenatal to young adult
- Collaboration with the child’s current care providers
- Home visits, when appropriate
- Follow-up bereavement care
- Medical management of pediatric hospice patients
- Weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to formulate holistic plans of care
- Participation in the high-risk maternal fetal clinic at Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies