If your baby or child needs a surgical procedure, you can count on the world-class surgery team at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. We offer comprehensive surgical services and award-winning healthcare for infants, children and teens. Our experienced team is here to help put your child on the road to improved health – as quickly and safely as possible.
We use the latest in research-backed surgical methods, which work specifically for your child’s growing body and their unique medical needs. We will walk with you and your child every step of their surgical journey. Orlando Health Arnold Palmer’s spectrum of surgical services delivers expert care from your first appointment through post-surgery follow-up and beyond.
Pediatric General Surgery
For more than 30 years, our experienced surgeons have dedicated their skills to pediatric healthcare. They proudly lead the surgical center at Bert Martin's Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, the only pediatric Level One Trauma Center in Central Florida. Our surgeons also offer prenatal consultations to expectant mothers whose newborn baby will require surgical care after delivery, and support the surgical needs of premature babies cared for in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
Specializing in over 40 areas, our team of board-certified surgeons offers the most effective surgical methods and technologies. We use minimally invasive procedures whenever possible.
- Neonatal surgery
- Surgical oncology
- Thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for premature babies
The Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Advantage
When you choose the Orlando Health team for your child’s surgery, your child receives the best care possible.
Your child will have access to:
- The only children's hospital in Florida (and one of only 20 facilities nationwide) to achieve Level 1 Children’s Surgical Verification and Level 1 Trauma Verification by the American College of Surgeons – recognizing our ability to address the surgical needs of all injured children.
- The only Level One Trauma Center for kids in Central Florida – our dedicated team is experts in treating the most severe surgical emergencies.
- Minimally invasive surgery techniques — meaning less pain, less scarring and a quicker recovery.
- Partnership with Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies — located just a sky bridge away — to care for newborn and premature babies who need extra support.
We offer a wide variety of surgical procedures to treat the conditions, such as: