Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
Contact Us(321) 841-3303
Quick Scheduling with a Pediatric Endocrinologist
Enjoy comprehensive service and award-winning healthcare. Submit an appointment request today, and we will follow up with you to confirm a time that works for you and your family.
Growing Into a Healthier You
Whether it’s influencing your heartbeat, how your body converts calories into energy or the growth of your body’s tissues and bones, the endocrine system is important. For children, having an endocrine system in good shape is vital for future development. If your child is facing pediatric diabetes, a growth disorder or any other condition related to hormones and the endocrine glands that produce them, you can count on the expert pediatric endocrinologists at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children to help.
Here, you and your child will work with our multidisciplinary team of physicians, certified diabetes educators and a dietitian for comprehensive evaluation, treatment and management of pediatric diabetes and other endocrine system disorders. Our board-certified doctors have collectively worked with the children of Central Florida and beyond for over 50 years and are active members of the Pediatric Endocrine Society. Orlando Health Arnold Palmer is ranked a “Best Children’s Hospital” in pediatric endocrinology and diabetes by U.S. News & World Report.
Care You Can Trust
Your child’s growth and development depends heavily on their hormones and the glands that produce them. So when conditions related to the endocrine system appear, finding treatment and management for the condition is important for your child’s ongoing health. Physicians at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer can help your child continue to live a happy and healthy life with pediatric endocrinology services suited to your child’s individual needs.
The expert pediatric endocrinologists you’ll work with at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer are skilled in treating conditions such as:
- Adrenal hormone excess (Cushing’s syndrome)
- Adrenal hormone insufficiency
- Bone mineral defects (rickets, osteopenia, osteoporosis, osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease))
- Calcium, vitamin D and parathyroid disorders
- Diabetes, types 1 and 2 and maturity onset diabetes of the young (MODY)
- Diabetes insipidus
- Diabetes mellitus
- Disorders of lipid metabolism
- Disorders of menses
- Disorders of puberty (premature/delayed)
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Dysmetabolic syndrome
- Growth disorders, including short stature
- Hypoglycemia/ Hyperglycemia
- Hypopituitarism and diabetes insipidus
- Obesity, insulin resistance and dyslipidemia
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Pubertal disorders (early or delayed)
- Specific genetic disorders including Turner syndrome and Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Thyroid disease (underactive or overactive)
Whether your child needs diagnosis, treatment or management support, the pediatric endocrinologists at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer can provide your family with the services you need.
Management of Pediatric Diabetes
Your child can find individualized type 1 diabetes management with the Pediatric Diabetes program at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. You and your child will work with the diabetes management team using the latest diabetes technology, including insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring. Our staff members are highly trained on the needs of children with diabetes and provide support for your whole family.
For more information about the Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Endocrinology and Diabetes Center, or to make an appointment, please call (321) 841-3303.