The Best in Pediatric Emergency and Trauma Care
For medical emergencies, please call 911 first.
In the event of sudden illness or injury, your family can rely on the only Pediatric Emergency Department (ED) and Level One Trauma Center in Central Florida*. Specializing in pediatric emergency care, this 33-bed children’s emergency department sees more than 55,000 kids a year and is the first facility in Central Florida to provide emergency care exclusively to children. Your child will have a dedicated team committed to evaluating and treating severe, life-threatening injuries and all forms of medical and surgical emergencies.
Advantages of a Pediatric Emergency Department and Level One Trauma Center
When your infant or child is injured or sick, an urgent care clinic may be equipped to address the issue, but unfortunately, you cannot always be sure how sick your child actually is. If your child has a more serious injury or medical condition, the Bert Martin Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center offers important advantages in providing around-the-clock pediatric care such as:
- Doctors who are fellowship-trained and board-certified in pediatric emergency medicine.
- Instant access to an experienced team of pediatric emergency nurses, pediatric surgeons, pediatric critical care physicians, pediatric respiratory therapists and pediatric anesthesiologists.
- A complete spectrum of specialists on hand to address any pediatric health condition — from serious traumatic injuries or overwhelming infections — to chronic conditions such as congenital heart disease, gastrointestinal diseases, asthma, diabetes or cancer.
- 24/7 availability of pediatric and neonatal critical care specialists for any infant or child who is critically ill.
- State-of-the-art trauma/resuscitation and diagnostic equipment.
- On-site radiologists to read films 24/7 and prioritize your child’s needs.
A Nationally Ranked Pediatric Emergency Care Teaching Hospital
Our nationally ranked pediatric ED and Trauma Center is also the only children's hospital in Central Florida recognized as a teaching facility for pediatric emergency care. This means we’re able to attract leading physicians committed to furthering pediatric care by educating resident physicians, conducting ground-breaking research and implementing the most advanced techniques available.
Our team of specialists and subspecialists includes experts in:
- Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
- Pediatric Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Hospitalist Care
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Oncology and Hematology
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Trauma Surgery
- Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- Pediatric Radiology
- Pediatric Urology
- and other specialties
Embracing Kids and Families
Because we’re dedicated to taking care of kids, our emergency department offers family-friendly amenities including bedside registration, private treatment rooms with TVs, and a dedicated children’s play area. We also have Child Life Specialists as well as Patient and Family Counseling available 24/7 our young patients and their families cope with trauma and unexpected situations. Prescriptions can easily be filled at our on-site pharmacy.
Our pediatric emergency department and trauma center features:
- Bedside emergency ultrasound
- Bedside registration
- Child Life Specialists
- Heliport with connector to Arnold Palmer Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies
- On-site pharmacy and clinical pharmacists
- Patient and Family Counselors
- Private treatment rooms
- Procedural sedation team
- Spiritual Care
- State-of-the-art diagnostics areas (CT scan, Radiology and MRI)
- State-of-the-art trauma/resuscitation areas
Emergency Center Tips
If there comes a time when you need to visit the ED, please be patient when waiting to be called to triage. The sickest and most severely injured patients will be treated first. In addition, during a medical emergency, please refrain from giving your child any food or drink without prior approval from a nurse.
Scheduling Made Simple
With our easy online scheduling tool, patients at Arnold Palmer Hospital can schedule a visit to the ED for minor emergencies that are not life- or limb threatening. Rather than waiting in the hospital’s ED waiting room, patients can wait in the comfort of home until their appointment time. For more information, please visit: TheEmergencyExperts.com
*Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) is a designated Level One Trauma Center and cares for pediatric and adult patients at Arnold Palmer Hospital and ORMC.