Quick Scheduling with a Pediatric Oncologist
Enjoy comprehensive service and award-winning healthcare. Submit an appointment request today, and we'll follow up with you shortly to confirm a time that works for you and your family.
Leading Cancer Care for Kids
No parent expects their child to receive a cancer diagnosis. We understand the stress that comes along with childhood cancer, and how it can affect your entire family. The Haley Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is the largest and most comprehensive pediatric oncology program in Central Florida. You can have confidence in our expertise during this difficult time.
We are dedicated to caring for infants, children and young adults fighting cancer and central nervous system tumors. Through expanded research and groundbreaking clinical trials, we offer the most advanced treatment options available, giving kids renewed hope and lifechanging outcomes. Regardless of your child’s condition, we are here to help them beat cancer. We will partner with you and your family to find the best treatment and will guide you every step of the way through diagnosis, recovery and follow-up care.
Why Choose Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
When you choose the Haley Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders, you're giving your child the best care possible.
Your child will have access to:
- The largest and most comprehensive program in Central Florida.
- The only program in Central Florida with three neuro-oncologists dedicated to diagnosing and treating brain tumors.
- The most advanced oncology treatments available.
- More clinical trials for kids than anywhere else in the state.
- The pediatric cancer survivorship program, which provides support to cancer survivors and monitors any possible long-term side effects to keep kids healthy and cancer-free.
- Our Child Life Program to encourage hope, security and education during illness.
- A Patient & Family Counseling team available 24/7 to provide support throughout hospitalization or illness.
Our Oncology Services
Our multidisciplinary team has experience treating all types of childhood cancer, including:
- Bone tumors
- Brain tumors
- Hemangioma and vascular malformations (birthmarks caused by benign tumors)
- Genitourinary cancers (cancers affecting the bladder, kidneys, ovaries, penis, prostate, testicles and urinary tract)
- Germ cell tumors
- Hepatoblastoma (liver cancer)
- Histiocytic disorders (overproduction of white blood cells called histiocytes)
- Kidney tumors
- Liver tumors
- Lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s)
- Neuroblastoma (nerve tissue cancers)
- Neurofibromatosis (genetic disorder causing tumors in the nervous system)
- Osteosarcoma (bone cancer)
- Rhabdoid tumors
- Skin cancers
- Spinal cord tumors
- Wilms tumors (kidney tumors)
Advanced Therapies and Treatment Options
We specialized in creating personalized individualized treatment plans using a full range of cancer-fighting therapies.
- Surgery: Removes tumors and cancerous tissue, often with some lymph nodes, to determine whether the disease has spread.
- Radiation therapy: Shrinks tumors and kills remaining cancerous cells after surgery to manage symptoms that may result from advanced disease.
- Chemotherapy: Medication to kill cancerous cells. Chemotherapy is the most common treatment method for cancer and is commonly administered intravenously (through an IV) or by mouth.
Some tumors, especially those located near vital organs, require special care. We partner with the Marjorie and Leonard Williams Center for Proton Therapy at Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center to offer proton therapy. This advanced form of treatment delivers highly focused radiation to tumors while sparing surrounding healthy tissue. This is particularly important for children, whose bodies are still growing and changing each day.
Cutting-Edge Research and Clinical Trials
At Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, you and your child have access to the newest cancer research and more than anywhere else in Florida. We are active members in three research groups that perform ongoing scientific collaborations to discover new therapies for childhood cancers.
As a designated member of Children’s Oncology Group (COG), the world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to childhood and adolescent cancer research, we're able to offer the most advanced treatment options available through clinical research trials. COG unites over 7,500 experts in childhood cancer at more than 200 leading children’s hospitals, universities, and cancer centers across North America, Australia, New Zealand and Europe in the fight against pediatric cancer. Through our involvement in COG and consortiums such as Beat Childhood Cancer and Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigators' Consortium (POETIC), we’re able to continue providing effective, evidence-based care that offers renewed hope and better outcomes.
For more information about Pediatric Oncology, please call us at (321) 841-8588.