Quick Scheduling with a Pediatric Hematologist
Enjoy comprehensive service and award-winning healthcare. Submit an appointment request today, and we'll follow up with you shortly to confirm a time that works for you and your family.
Expert Care for Bleeding Disorders
At the Haley Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, our pediatric hematology team has years of experience providing the highest quality care to children with hemophilia, sickle cell anemia and other blood disorders.
When you come to Orlando Health Arnold Palmer, you and your child have access to a wide range of specialized treatment options and therapies. In addition, our diverse, multidisciplinary team includes pediatric hematologists, nurse practitioners, nurses and Child Life specialists, who work together to provide personalized, compassionate care for your child.
Our Hematology Services
We offer care for many hematology illnesses, such as:
- Aplastic anemia
- Congenital dyserythropoietic anemia
- Congenital sideroblastic anemia
- Diamond-Blackfan anemia
- Fanconi anemia
- Hemolytic anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Iron-refractory iron deficiency anemia (IRIDA)
- Megaloblastic anemia (including pernicious anemia)
- Anticoagulation disorder
- Antithrombin deficiency
- Factor V Leiden
- Protein C deficiency
- Protein S deficiency
- Prothrombin gene mutation
- Bone marrow failure
- Evans syndrome
- Hypofibrinogenemia and dysfibrinogenemia
- Immune deficiencies
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
- Platelet disorders
- Shwachman-Diamond syndrome
- Sickle cell anemia
- Von Willebrand disease
Why Choose Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
You can have confidence you're giving your child the best care possible. Your child will have access to:
- Central Florida’s only officially designated Hemophilia Treatment Center, recognized by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Our Hemophilia Treatment Center provides comprehensive care that includes preventive medicine and collaboration with community groups, providing families with education and support. As a result, we have the largest number of sickle cell disease patients in Central Florida.
- Bleeding Disorders Clinic for young women through a partnership between Dr. Shveta Gupta, pediatric oncology and hematology, and Dr. Margaret S. Abraham, pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Our Child Life Program to encourage hope, security and education during illness.
For more information about Pediatric Hematology, please call us at (321) 841-8588.