Pediatric Burn Clinic
We understand that a serious burn injury can be a very stressful and anxious experience for a child and their family. The Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Pediatric Burn Clinic is dedicated to caring for the unique needs of pediatric burn victims throughout Central Florida, ensuring that each child receives compassionate, expert care. Our family-centered approach to care also allows the family to be involved in all aspects of the child’s treatment and recovery plan.
The Pediatric Burn Clinic provides specialized outpatient evaluation and treatment for second- and third-degree burns in children from infancy up to 18 years of age. Your child’s treatment may include long-term and follow-up care as determined by our expert pediatric surgical team.
Our goal is to provide an individualized treatment plan so that your child can return to everyday, normal activities as soon as possible.
The Pediatric Burn Clinic provides a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Primary evaluation by the pediatric surgery team, including a pediatric surgical advanced practice provider and/or pediatric surgeons
- Surgical debridement, xenograft, and autograft placement
- Scar revision by a pediatric surgeon and referral to plastic surgery when needed
- Physical and occupational therapy for scar management and compression garment fitting and to regain function
- Continued outpatient follow-up care, as determined by the provider
Patient Registration Process
- Burn Clinic hours are 7:00 am to 9:00 am every day
- Patients should arrive between 7:00 am and 8:00 am for check-in and registration.
- Check-in at the information desk located inside the main entrance of Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children on Miller Street.
- Our team will walk you to the Pediatric Burn Clinic
- Please do not attempt to register in the Emergency Department
- Bring all pain medication information and any discharge paperwork with you
- If this is your first visit, take one dosage of pain medication 30 minutes before arrival
Please feel free to contact us regarding appointments, referrals or questions at (407) 540-1000.