Pediatric Burn Clinic
We understand that a serious burn injury can be a very stressful and anxious experience for a child and their family. The Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Pediatric Burn Clinic is dedicated to caring for the unique needs of pediatric burn victims throughout Central Florida, ensuring that each child receives compassionate, expert care. Our family-centered approach to care also allows the family to be involved in all aspects of the child’s treatment and recovery plan.
The Pediatric Burn Clinic provides specialized outpatient evaluation and treatment for second- and third-degree burns in children from infancy up to 18 years of age. Your child’s treatment may include long-term and follow-up care as determined by our expert pediatric surgical team.
Our goal is to provide an individualized treatment plan so that your child can return to everyday, normal activities as soon as possible.
The Pediatric Burn Clinic provides a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Primary evaluation by a pediatric surgery team, including a pediatric surgical nurse practitioner and pediatric surgeons
- Surgical grafting, if required
- Plastic surgery for treatment of scars
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Continued outpatient follow-up care for as long as determined by a physician.
Patient Registration Process
- Patients should arrive by 8:00 am for check-in and registration
- Bring all pain medicine information and any discharge paperwork with you
- Check in at the main desk located inside the main entrance on Miller Street
- Please do not attempt to register in the Emergency Department
- Our team will take you to the Pediatric Burn Clinic.
Free Cookbook for Young Burn Survivors
Recovering from burn injuries requires a lot of calories and energy to heal. Without a healthy diet, healing can be delayed with a weakened immune system and unhealthy weight loss.
Pediatric burn survivors and their families now have a new resource available to help them with with their recovery. Healing Through Nutrition: A cookbook supporting burn survivors provides a wide variety of kid-friendly meals and snacks with the right mix of protein, fat, vitamins and minerals. The cookbook was created by Project SUSTAIN, a group of 7th graders at Lake Highland Preparatory School in Orlando, Florida. Included are recipes from professional chefs as well as homemade favorites kids are sure to love – from breakfast foods and entrées to snacks and desserts. To download this special cookbook, click here.
Please feel free to contact us regarding appointments, referrals or questions at 407.540.1000.
For information on locations please