The Association of Kawasaki Disease and COVID-19 with Cardiac Complications:
The Association of Kawasaki Disease and COVID-19 with Cardiac Complications: A Focused Sub-study of the International Kawasaki Disease Registry (IKDR)
Clinical Trial Information
Trial Contact: Beltran, Yajira; Tilme, Linda
IRB No: 20.112.07
Protocol Abbrev: IKDR
Principal Investigator: Federico Ricardo Laham, MD
Age Group: Pediatric
1. To determine the spectrum of cardiac complications, associated factors and outcomes in patients with Pediatric Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome associated with COVID-19.
2. To determine the incidence and epidemiology of KD, particularly those with missed or delayed diagnosis, and the spectrum of cardiac complications, associated factors and outcomes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. To determine the prevalence and spectrum of cardiac complications in pediatric patients with documented or presumed infection with COVID-19, together with associated factors and outcomes.
Outpatient assessment or inpatient admission to a participating site starting January 1,
1. Patients for whom there has been a request for echocardiography or pediatric cardiology consultation for evaluation and the patient has or has had confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection.
2. Patients with a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of complete or incomplete KD, or KD shock syndrome.
3. Patients with confirmed or suspected Pediatric Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome (PMIS) associated with or assumed to be associated with COVID-19.