Advancing Treatment for Pediatric Craniopharyngioma: Prospective Pilot Study Identifying Clinically Relevant Biological Targets for Medical Therapy
Clinical Trial Information
Trial Contact: Leffin, Melissa; El-Shami, Jessica; Spinelli, Jennifer
We will analyze 35 samples of snap frozen pediatric CPA using advanced biological techniques. We will concomitantly collect clinical data that will be correlated with the biological characteristics of each subject’s tumor tissue. Lastly, because of the unique quality of life burden that CPA imposes, we will pilot an electronically based method for the assessment of short-term academic and behavioral outcomes in these patients. This project will inform the design a subsequent clinical trial of medical antitumor therapy as well as establish a multicenter working group for the ongoing study of children with CPA.
1) Patients between 0-21 years of age.
2) Patients with the diagnosis or clinical suspicion of craniopharyngioma in whom planned clinical management will include tissue sampling.
1) Patients in whom final pathology does not demonstrate adamantinomatous craniopharyngioma
2). Patients in whom tissue specimen is not obtained/available
3) Patients over 21 years of age.
4) Patients who choose not to participate