Quick Scheduling for Pediatric Palliative Care
Enjoy comprehensive service and award-winning healthcare. Submit an appointment request today, and our staff will follow up with you to confirm a time that works for you and your family.
Providing Peace and Comfort through Pediatric Palliative Care
Palliative care for children is about creating a peaceful, comforting environment. We created Central Florida’s only comprehensive pediatric palliative care program to attend to every aspect of your child’s well-being. And through our jointly operated clinic with the Winnie Palmer Hospital Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine, expecting mothers can find expert care when faced with a concerning diagnosis. Beyond end-of-life and hospice care, our program offers your family additional access to:
- Advanced pain and symptom management
- Care coordination and additional family support
- Decision-making resources
- Follow-up care planning
Led by Dr. Blaine Pitts, the only board-certified and fellowship-trained palliative care physician in Central Florida, our multidisciplinary team includes a nurse practitioner, licensed social worker, chaplain, pediatric music therapist and Child Life specialist. With our team’s knowledgeable and compassionate care, you’ll be able to navigate a path through your child’s chronic or terminal illness.
Your family will decide whether care is administered in the hospital or at home. Our staff will work to minimize concerns and shape an environment where your child has relief from pain or worry. Experts will advise you through the difficult decisions of when and how care should be provided to optimize your child’s quality of life.
Our services include:
- 24/7 availability of a pediatric palliative care physician for patients and families
- Care for patients of all ages ranging from newborn to young adult
- Collaboration with the child’s current care providers
- Community education through local hospice programmatic efforts
- Follow-up bereavement care
- Home visits
- Medical management of pediatric hospice patients
- Weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to formulate holistic plans of care