Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Address: 92 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806
Call: (321) 843-2584
Board certified in both pediatrics and internal medicine, Dr. Alan Chan is a member of Orlando Health Medical Group. He practices at both Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) as a hospitalist.
Dr. Chan’s Training
He earned his medical degree at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. His general residency was completed at the University of Missouri, Kansas City.
While at Children’s Mercy Hospital and Clinics in Kansas City, Dr. Chan performed research on epidemiology with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) dataset from the Hemophilia Treatment Centers.
About Dr. Chan
A fellow of both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Physicians, Dr. Chan has been honored with the Exemplary Physician Colleague Award at Orlando Health.
Dr. Chan stays active with medical resident and student teaching. He also serves as a clinic physician at Shepherd’s Hope in Orlando.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
Medical EducationUniversity of Kentucky
ResidencyUniversity of Missouri (Kansas City)
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children - Downtown Orlando
92 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-2584
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.