Pediatric Specialty Talk Series
Connect virtually with pediatricians and specialists from Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children to discuss important and relevant topics concerning children. This monthly series allows participants the opportunity to meet expert pediatric specialists; learn about new services, procedures and treatment options available; and ask questions.
Classes are free. Space is limited. Registration is required.
Register for a Pediatric Specialty Talk
Wednesday, May 24
Hematology and Oncology emergencies with Jaime Libes, MD, MPH
Wednesday, June 14
Pediatric ColoRectal Surgery with Cristine Velazco, MD
Wednesday, June 28
Surgical Approaches to Pediatric Problems with Aaron David Seims, MD
Wednesday, July 12
Eating Disorders with Elizabeth Carreno Rijo, MD
Wednesday, August 9
Psychology and Neuropsychology at APH of Orlando Health: Referrals 101 with Gloria Chiang, Ph.D.
Wednesday, September 6
Accessing School Services with Brian A. Harris, MD, MS
Wednesday, September 20
Child Abuse with Aaron David Seims, MD
Wednesday, October 11
Endocrinology for the General Pediatrician with Shadi Hani Tabba, MD
Wednesday, October 25
Pediatric Burns with Brenna S. Fullerton, MD
Wednesday, November 8
Integrative Medicine in Subspecialty Practice with Devendra I. Mehta, MD
To watch the previous sessions for CME credit, click here.
Previous sessions, include:
- Transgender Care with Elizabeth Carreno Rijo, MD
- Chest Wall Deformities with Aaron Seims, MD
- Pubertal Disorders with Joshua Yang, MD
- Urological Robotic Surgery with Benjamin Rhee, MD
- Postpartum Depression with David J. Skey, MD
- Neurology Tips and Tricks with Luis Bello-Espinosa, MD
- Learning Disabilities with Lindsey Shaw Cadmus, PhD
- Introduction to Transcatheter PDA Closure with Michael Farias, MD
- Pediatric Chest Pain with Michael Farias, MD
- Minor Head Injuries in Kids (when to worry or go to the ED) with Greg Olavarria, MD
- How to Diagnose Childhood Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors with Amy Smith, MD
- Pediatric PFTs with Carlos E. Sabogal, MD
- Hypertonia with Coral Candelario-Velazquez, MD
To learn more about each of the specialists featured in this Virtual Talk Series, click here.
Orlando Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Orlando Health designates this live activity for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Complete the post-event survey here.
Watch previous sessions for CME credit here.
iPhone or Android Users
- To get connected, download Microsoft Teams from your device’s app store. iPhone\iPad or Android\Tablet
- Join the Teams meeting 15 minutes before the information session start time.
Mac or Windows PC Users
- If you will be joining the session using a Mac or Windows PC there is nothing you need to download
- Click on Join Teams Meeting and follow the directions. Join the session 15 minutes before the start.
By connecting to this visit you are agreeing that you have read the following statements from Orlando Health:
The privacy and security of your data is important to Orlando Health. Due to the current national public health emergency, Orlando Health is utilizing multiple options to communicate with patients, in order to reach more patients and reduce the risk of infection from in-person encounters. These options include some popular third-party applications. While Orlando Health protects data under its control, these third-party applications are not within the control of Orlando Health. You should understand that there are potential privacy and security risks with using the internet, third-party applications and your device to communicate with us.
This event is a group session with other patients or potential patients in attendance. Orlando Health requests all attendees to keep the identities and content provided by all participants confidential. Orlando Health does not give anyone permission to record any portion of the event or the participants. Orlando Health cannot guarantee the participants’ cooperation with these requests or the confidentiality of the session due to many factors outside its control. You can choose to participate with or without sharing your video feed.
By continuing with this group session, you confirm that you understand these limitations and risks and that you wish to communicate with Orlando Health in this manner.