Have a merry Christmas with these pinspired holiday activities for kids
Even though Christmas is just a few days away, it’s never to late for some Christmas pinspiration! Yes, pinsperation. Our “Holiday Fun” Pinterest board has inspired us to share with our readers some fun ideas for Christmas crafts, activities, and munchies this year. So, put on some Christmas tunes and pick a few activities from the following list to get the whole family into the Christmas spirit!
Pinspired Christmas Crafts
- Tissue paper wreath – Let the kids hang their own wreath on their bedroom doors with this super simple tissue paper craft!
- DIY Reindeer handprint ornament – Let the kids have some fun making their own ornaments, using their own hand prints and some paint.
- Super simple giant snowflake – This snowflake couldn’t be any easier – all you need is some paper and scissors!
- Puzzle pieces ornaments – Have a puzzle lying around that never gets used? Re-purpose it for this fun and simple ornament craft!
Pinspired Christmas Activities
- Magic foaming snowman – Here in Florida, we don’t have snow. But don’t let that stop you from making a snowman! This foaming dough will allow kids to make snowman that will “melt” into an icy puddle of frothy foam!
- Jam jar snowglobes – These snowgloabes are super easy to make with just a few ingredients, but will make a huge impact as holiday decorations – handmade by your kids!
- Reindeer food – Don’t forget about Santa’s reindeer this Christmas! This pin will show you how to make reindeer food for when Santa’s sleigh comes by your house to deliver presents.
- Grow your own Christmas tree – Promote learning while having fun this Christmas! Check out this fun “grow your own Christmas tree” science experiment.
- Santa footprints – Do your kids believe in Santa? Leave behind Santa’s “footprints” for your kids to discover Christmas morning. This activity is even fun for the parents, too!
- Elf on the Shelf – It seems as if almost every family has an Elf on the Shelf this holiday season, but sometimes, it can be a lot of work for the parents! Check out this fun idea for “playing hide-n-seek.”
Pinspired Christmas Munchies
- Peppermint Oreo cookie balls – Cookie balls and cake pops are all the rave this holiday season. Check out this yummy recipe that your whole family will enjoy!
- Christmas bark – This bark recipe is super simple to make, with only five ingredients!
- North Pole Cupcakes – These are a great treat to bring to classroom holiday parties.
- Reindeer Pops – Does your child have a December birthday? Hand these out as party favors!
- Sugar Cookie decorating ideas – A fun way to spend the afternoon baking with your kids.
The holidays are a great time to spend with family and friends, so take advantage of it! Use the ideas listed above as a way to spend quality time together. For more holiday fun, visit our Pinterest board here.