Cardiac Experts from Arnold Palmer Hospital to Present at Nation's Largest Pediatric Cardiology Conference
This year, an international group of more than 80 medical experts will gather in Orlando, Fla., for the nation’s largest pediatric cardiology conference — the 19th Annual Update on Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Disease conference, presented by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). The five day seminar, hosted at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando® from Feb. 24-26, brings together both clinical and non-clinical professionals involved in the care of patients with pediatric and congenital cardiovascular diseases, including leading pediatric cardiologists, intensivists, surgeons, nurses, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, ACHD specialists and more.
Experts from Arnold Palmer Hospital will speak on various topics, including:
- Are Intra-Operative Considerations Enough to Achieve the Goals for Bloodless Cardiac Surgery?
- Breakout Session: Double-Outright Right Ventricle
- Breakout Session: Isolated Ventricular Septal Defect
- Breakout Session: Nursing: Sometimes it’s a Zebra! Presentations of Challenging Cases that Surprised Us!
- Breakout Session: Nursing: What Does the Evidence Say About…
- Cerebral Perfusion: The Dos and Don’ts
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in CHD
- Discharge Planning and Home Monitoring
- How to Decipher Cardiac Catheterization Data
- Nursing Pharmacology Breakfast: Vasoactive Medications: What You Should Know About Epinephrine, Norepinephrine, Dopamine, Dobutamine, Milrinone, Nipride and Vasopressin
- Pediatric Cardiac Imaging
- PGE: To Feed or Not to Feed?
- Plenary Session: Novel Technologies and Innovations in Congenital and Pediatric Cardiovascular Care
- Plenary Session: Outcomes: The Results of Our Efforts
- Roundtable Discussion: How Best to Deliver High-Quality Pediatric Heart Care: Balancing the Business, Clinical and Academic Objectives in a Changing Environment
- Roundtable Discussion: Trials and Tribulations in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory: Case-Based Presentations
- Sugar and Spice: Glucose Control and Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Truncus Arteriosus
- Ventricular Septal Defect
Arnold Palmer Hospital presenters include:
- Bharat Datt, C.C.P., C.P.C., F.P.P.
- William M. DeCampli, M.D., Ph.D.
- Karen L. Iacono, M.S.N., A.R.N.P.-B.C.
- David Nykanen, M.D.
- Sharon Mawa, M.S.N., P.C.N.S.-B.C.
- Hamish Munro, M.D.
- Gary Plancher, C.C.P.
- Matthew Schwartz, M.D.
- Patricia Sieffert, M.S.N., A.R.N.P.
- Suzanne A. Worthington, Chief Operating Officer, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children