Dr. Ryan Jafrani is a dual fellowship-trained pediatric neurosurgeon at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. He has advanced knowledge and training in pediatric neurosurgery as well as minimally invasive neurosurgery. His experience includes:
- Pediatric spine conditions
- Epilepsy surgery with an emphasis on minimally invasive techniques
- Deep brain stimulation for epilepsy and movement disorders
- Selective dorsal rhizotomy for treatment of cerebral palsy
- Pediatric brain and spine tumors
- Pediatric vascular disorders
Dr. Jafrani’s Training
Dr. Jafrani earned his medical degree from the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. He completed a residency in neurosurgery at Penn State Health Neurosurgery in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He received advanced fellowship training in pediatric neurosurgery at Washington University in St. Louis, as well as stereotactic, functional and epilepsy neurosurgery from Penn State Health.
He is one of only a few neurosurgeons in the country to have completed fellowship training in both fields, providing a unique expertise in the application of technologically advanced minimally invasive treatment approaches in children.
About Dr. Jafrani
Dr. Jafrani has been published in several peer-reviewed journals and has ongoing research in advanced imaging, epilepsy, congenital malformations and hydrocephalus.