Address: 92 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806
Call: (407) 649-6907
Fax: (321) 841-5245
By appointment only.
Dr. Avind Rampersad is a board-certified pediatric critical care physician with The Heart Center at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. He has extensive experience interacting with children and their families during their cardiovascular care and has practiced in Florida since 2012. His areas of expertise include:
- Pediatric critical care
- Pediatric critical cardiovascular care
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation specialization (ECMO)
Dr. Rampersad received his medical training from the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin, Ireland, where he was recognized with a number of academic awards and honors. He completed his pediatric residency at the University of Toledo Medical Center in Ohio. His fellowship in pediatric critical care was performed at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Rampersad is a specialist in using ECMO, a technology that does the work of the heart and lungs in infants and children with acute, severe respiratory or cardiac disease. In addition to practicing medicine, Dr. Rampersad teaches at the University of Central Florida as an assistant professor of pediatrics.
He has published research and presented on a variety of pediatric topics. His professional memberships include the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the Society for Pediatric Sedation and the American Board of Pediatrics.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics - Critical Care Med
Medical EducationRoyal College of Surgeons
ResidencyUniversity of Toledo
FellowshipRainbow Babies and Children's Hospital
The Heart Center at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children - Downtown Orlando
92 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (407) 649-6907
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.