Dr. Antonio Vazquez-Diaz is a board-certified neurologist at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, specializing in pediatric neurology and pediatric epilepsy. His expertise includes:
- Botulinum toxin injections for spasticity/migraine
- Video-electroencephalography interpretation
- Electrocorticography interpretation
- Neuromodulation (RNS/VNS)
He has been treating young patients since 2003, with experience as a pediatrician in the U.S. Air Force medical corps, the emergency room and neonatal ICU in his native Puerto Rico before shifting his focus to neurology.
Having a child on the autism spectrum helps Dr. Vazquez-Diaz relate to his pediatric patients and understand family concerns.
Dr. Vazquez-Diaz’s Training
Dr. Vazquez-Diaz received his medical training from the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine in Mexico and completed his residency in pediatrics at San Juan City Hospital in Puerto Rico. He completed fellowships in clinical neurophysiology at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami and in child neurology at the University of New Mexico Health Science Center in Albuquerque.
About Dr. Vazquez-Diaz
In the Air Force, Dr. Vazquez-Diaz provided care to 1,500 young patients. He achieved the rank of major and was awarded the Air Force Outstanding Unit Medal and Meritorious Service Medal.
He is board-certified in neurology with special qualification in child neurology and in epilepsy by the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry. He has conducted research on febrile seizures and management of pediatric epilepsy.
Outside of work, Dr. Vazquez-Diaz enjoys reading, exercising, traveling and playing dominoes. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
- American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry - Child Neurology
- American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry - Epilepsy
Medical EducationUniversidad Autonoma de Guadalajara
ResidencySan Juan Municipal Hospital
FellowshipUniversity of New Mexico
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Neurology - MetroWest
6150 MetroWest Blvd
Orlando, FL 32835 Phone: (321) 842-6671
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.