Would you like to gain community service and leadership experience while helping to make Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children the best hospital possible for teens and young adults?
The Teen Leadership Council has begun at Arnold Palmer Hospital, and is looking for teens and young adults who are:
- Ages 13 to 19 years old
- A former or current patient, or sibling of a current patient of Orlando Health, impacted by the effects of a frequent, chronic or life-altering condition
- Able to commit to quarterly on-site meetings for one year (maximum of 2 one-year terms) and meet additional volunteer requirement.
The mission of the Teen Leadership Council is to enhance the delivery of care to adolescents and young adults at Arnold Palmer Hospital through self-advocacy and the collaboration of patients, siblings and staff to provide state-of-the-art, family-centered healthcare, focused on restoring the joy of childhood and adolescence in an environment of compassion, hope and healing.
Council projects will include:
- Assisting with special event planning for adolescent and young adult patients
- Collaborating with hospital administration on corporate initiatives
- Participating in community activities
- Serving as media ambassadors
- Participating in leadership development opportunities
How to Apply
If you meet the eligibility requirements as described above and can commit to attending on-site meetings in the evening (4:00 pm – 6:00 pm) for at least one year, you are welcome to submit an application to be considered for membership.
Email completed forms to: R-Teen-Leadership-Council@Orlandohealth.com