Building a Stronger Community One Family at a Time
Caring for the next generation is crucial. That’s why Healthy Families works to prevent child abuse and neglect, increases the rate of childhood immunizations, lowers family stress levels, and reduces the incidence of repeat teen pregnancy in targeted communities throughout Orange and Osceola County.
Healthy Families staff members work with parents from the day their baby is born until the child is 5 years old, facilitating parent–infant bonding, positive parent–child interaction and child health and development. Each participating family is paired with a professionally trained family support worker. Home visits focus on building trust with parents, supporting parents emotionally, improving communication skills and teaching skills for coping with stress.
Positive Change Starts Here
The Osceola and Orange County child support programs, which are closely monitored, have demonstrated a near 100 percent success rate in preventing abuse and neglect by delivering:
- In-home support services to families with newborns
- Materials and guidance for fathers (to emphasize the importance of their role in their child’s life)
- Nutrition and child development information
- Parent–child interaction tools
- Positive parenting resources (referrals, parent education, etc.)
- Routine health supervision support (including developmental screenings)
1401 Sligh Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32806