Healthy snack ideas for kids
Have you ever been to a campfire? To keep the fire burning, you have to continue putting logs onto the fire, right? Your metabolism is like that fire, and to keep it going strong you have to feed it at regular intervals, like when you’re hungry. A strong metabolism keeps your body working efficiently and helps to maintain your healthy weight.
It’s natural to feel hungry between meals and responding to that hunger helps to keep your mind alert and energy high. Snacks are not necessarily meant to fill you up, but simply to bridge the gap to your next meal. Fuel a healthy metabolism and an active lifestyle by snacking smart with fiber and protein foods to keep hunger at bay.
Of course, to find healthy snacks for you and your family. But here’s a head start with some of my favorite after-school kiddie snacks.
- Banana Pops Recipe here
- Fruit Salsa + Pita Chips
- Hummus + Vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, grape tomatoes)
- Grapes and Cheese Cubes
- Trail Mix (whole grain cereal, raisins, M&Ms, almonds, peanuts, dehydrated fruit pieces)
- Granola Bars
- Whole Grain Cereals (Have you tried Quaker Oatmeal Squares?) + Milk
- Peanut Butter and Fresh Berry Roll-Up
- Fruit Milkshakes (blend greek yogurt, frozen fruit, and milk together to make a creamy smoothie) or freeze into smoothie pops
Including healthy snacks into your kid’s day is an excellent way to fuel a healthy metabolism. What are your kid’s favorite snacks?
Helping your teen make healthy snack choices can make a BIG difference
Jun 17, 2015
Tips to help your child maintain a healthy diet throughout the school year
Aug 18, 2014